Thursday, September 29, 2011

*** HELLO BLOG READERS! 

THIS BLOG BELOW IS WRITTEN BY A GIRL THAT DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ME. I KNOW HER HUSBAND FROM MY PARENTS WARD GROWING UP AND I LOVE READING HER BLOG! I DECIDED TO COPY/PASTE HER BLOG ENTRY THAT SHE MADE YESTERDAY BECAUSE I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.  IT'S LIGHT HEARTED YET HONEST AND REAL.  I REALLY APPRECIATE HER MATURITY.  EVER SINCE I STARTED READING HER BLOG I'VE MADE A MENTAL NOTE TO MYSELF THAT EVEN THOUGH THIS IS "MY BLOG" I NEED TO BE CAREFUL AND MINDFUL OF MY READERS. THIS POST JUST CLARIFIED IT THAT MUCH MORE FOR ME. I NEED TO REPRESENT WHAT I BELIEVE AND REMEMBER WHO I AM.  I NEED TO NOT COMPLAIN AND BE GRATEFUL BUT FIND HUMOR IN THE CRAZINESS OF LIFE.  I NEED TO REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A JOURNAL.  "STUFF" THAT I WOULD WRITE IN MY JOURNAL BELONGS IN A NOTEBOOK... NEXT TO MY BED. I'M NOT PERFECT BUT I CAN TRY AND BE A BETTER WOMAN AND REMEMBER TO BE TASTEFUL AND MATURE WHILE REPRESENTING MYSELF AND MY FAMILY WHILE BEING OURSELVES! A LEVEL THAT MAY BE HARD TO FIND BUT IT'S DO-ABLE.

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS. IT'S A GOOD REFRESHER :)

Monday, September 26, 2011


Just some thoughts..


about being aware, even online.

(Disclaimer: these thoughts are simply mine, take 'em or leave 'em)
I'm all about keepin' the blog happy and positive (mixed with some sarcasm and chuckle worthy stories here and there). I do this because of a simple fact: even though it's my blog, that doesn't mean that only I  read it. I know that there are a lot of people who are nice enough to come read my posts and who care about what's going on in my life. This blog is an outlet for me, and I am so grateful for it -- But, keeping an un-private blog is like being in a big room, talking to all your friends. What you write can be seen and read by everyone as if you are speaking to them face to face. If you're not careful, feelings could get hurt or people could get the wrong idea. This might make bloggers feel 'restricted' in what they would like to write, but for me, I don't mind these 'restrictions' at all. It's just a sign of the times. I truly feel that online communication has just as many social rules that face to face communication has. We should be Christlike, kind, and loving with what we write just as we would be if we were talking to a girlfriend over some hot chocolate and donuts...(I'm kind of craving a donut right now). Does this mean that you can't express yourself on the blog? No, of course not (I mean, look at what I'm doing right now! ha). But I do believe that bloggers need to be aware of who might be reading their blog. I haven't been perfect at this by any means, but I want to become better.

I have been thinking about this a lot over the last six months (it started after I wrote a 14 pg. blogging research paper last April) and especially over the last month because I have been holding back from blog-venting. Venting is good, but sometimes it's not great. The past month has been the most physically difficult time of my life. I could write post, after post, after post, about how I can't sleep, can't walk, can't run, etc, etc, ... but I won't (well, I will in my personal journal, but not online). Why? The answer is easy..

 I have several sweet, beautiful, and wonderful friends who read this blog who cannot conceive at this time, even though they want to more than anything in the world. I don't even have the slightest clue of the pain and heartache that they are going through, but I want to be sensitive and aware of them by not writing post after post about how incredibly hard being pregnant can be, when those who are going through fertility issues would give their right leg to have a sleepless night because their baby keeps kicking them in the ribs.

 I am not ashamed of my excitement for the arrival of my sweet baby. It is a time of joy, love, excitement, and gratitude -- and those are the things I like to focus on, because hey, they are the most important things to think about anyways, right?

Well that's all for today from this lady. I'll do some sort of update after my homework gets done. Huzzah for school.

Jena out.

1 comments:

Jena said...

Melissa, you are too cute! I'm glad you liked the post; I was feeling the same way as you, so I finally decided to write it. Hopefully we can all hang out someday (our babies can be friends!!). Funny story for you: When we became facebook friends, my little brother about had a heart attack. Turns out he has had a crush on your little sister ever since he started high school :) Brooks and I love to tease him.

Ha, anyways -- Good luck with everything! Let me know if you need any help, someone to complain to, or somebody to go to lunch with! -Jena

About Me

Beardall's
Tyler and I have been married for 2 years now and loving life. My husbands an amazingly talented musician and I'm a Dental Assistant and (soon to be) stay at home mommy to our little girl, who's due in December! We have so much ahead of us and couldn't be happier!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

WE BOTH LOVE TO HUNT

WE BOTH LOVE TO HUNT
RIFLE HUNT 2010

FISHING

FISHING
FISHING